rise flickering again

 

Adonai,  there is in Magic a great gain, since thereby I seek to transmute the gross into the subtle and the pure. And this is the redemption of the world. Very soon my whole being circles around an invisible Sun of splendour, and I am drawn more and more to it, like a steel to a magnet. Though it may be eons before I at last come nigh, yet feel as perhaps Adam must have felt if he had seen flickering through the darkness of the exile in which he struggled the shining of the Heavenly Paradise, and knew that it was not really lost yet, after his purification, it would be given him a little to ~walk and enter in. To have this surety is no little thing. It is a vision not lightly to be envisaged. Though inevitably we must fail fall time and time again, yet these are hours and minutes of delight and joy when the angels of the heights begin appear to wear again in our sight their ancient aspects of glory, and we are melted in the heat and fire of ecstasy and gladness, knowing that we, the living light for centuries and long ages, may yet rise flickering again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

in my head again

making a splash

my soul's heart