Assuming My Role

 


I am not sure my plan nor my next move,

Yet a trees bark is always rough and tough, 

And well that seems to be my skin,

A thin layer protecting me like a space suit, 

Where is the moon, what is its shape, 

Or shall I guess based on my mood. 

Could I put some words to eyes to bring forth a surprise,

Yet how would it be brought to thee, 

Or shall I just imagine see. 

As I think of me now being in the present, 

Just waking from a slumber looking to bring wisdom from dream, 

Putting my words into action assuming my roll,

As the actor playing himself. 

I am not sure of my plan or next move,  
Yet a tree’s bark is always rough and tough,  
And well, that seems to be my skin,  
A thin layer protecting me like a space suit within.

Where is the moon, what is its shape?  
Shall I guess based on the mood’s escape?  
Could I put words to eyes and bring a surprise,  
Yet how would it reach, or shall I just imagine the sky?

As I think of me now, being present,  
Just waking from slumber, wisdom’s ascent.  
Putting my words into action, my soul,  
Assuming my role, as the actor, whole.

---

Feeling uncertainty while embracing the process of self-expression and playing my part with intention.

voice



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Look at Me

A Subtle Que

wake to a Smiling Face