I only want what God wants for me

 


I awake to a 1 on 1 with God on the court

I was asking for my gift and he was focusing on swishing

coming down to the moment for the game to be done

all wishing wells empty for the master being hot

I put forth my every thing and came up by two

just as I did he pulled up hitting three

now any other moment I may call it foul

yet practice is practice so I let out a howl

down by one and wouldn't you know

God popped the ball and said lets chat pretty you

listening to my creator and realizing some truth

looking at the score board and seeing whos next to me

we came upon the terms for the win

I only want what God wants for me

my quiet heart where whispers roam

I seek the path where truth is known

in shadows deep sun lights gleam

I surrender to the cosmic stream

"I only want what God wants for me"

this prayer, my beacon, my decree

for divine will I find my peace

where worries fade and struggles cease

though paths may twist and darkness looms

I trust the hand that guiding moons

In every trial every test

I lean on faith I am blessed

for what God wills I boldly seek

in every moment, mild or bleak

in each breath I find my key

living in harmony whole and free







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

in my head again

making a splash

my soul's heart