Shining brighter than the sun

 


for every element of my design

letting go of thoughts behind

wanting to be who architect thee

putting all this time for perfect scenes to be

changing lanes from last to fast

yet running to unleash the turtle in me

shaking my head for all the times I stumbled

looking to the sky wandering mind

feeling like there is a burning inside

raising the heat and fire upon earth

shining brighter than the sun could I be one

in this city of dreams where the nights never done

with skyscrapers towering touching the sky

New York whispers secrets as the days go by

in the heartbeat of hustle where ambitions collide

I seek a path where my hopes can reside

amidst the bustle the lights and the noise

a single voice echoes seeking poise

through streets paved with stories of old

legends and tales for the bold

could I carve a name a place a star

among those who came and raised the bar

in Central Park where first was my kind

dreams weave through the leaves of every vine

the Hudson flows with whispers of past

yet in the present I find my cast

amidst the rush the push the strive

could I find a way to truly thrive

shining brighter than the dawns first light

a beacon of hope in the urban night

in the city that never sleeps I find my run

Shining brighter than the sun being one









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

in my head again

making a splash

my soul's heart